Monday, June 28, 2010

monday morning no-blues

im unusually happy today. and i have no idea why. im not just happy, im also feeling energetic. which is again, strange for a monday morning.

in goa, i experience monday morning blues (MMBs) quite frequently, even though i dont have a workplace to drag myself to. most people associate MMBs with trudging back to work after a nice relaxing weekend. i however, experience them MMBs in the comfort of my home. and i associate them with having to reacquaint myself with the solitude i experience during the working week. when the husband is at work. after a weekend of togetherness and all things related, it takes me a couple of days to get back into the swing of being on my own and feeling motivated to go about my day as usual.

last week presented a domestic funk of sorts, that had me not wanting to cook. and when i did cook, it was booorrriing. this week however, im BACK! and i think the monday morning no-blues, just might have something to do with it..hmm..

2 comments:

nil said...

It's a good thing that you're all pepped up!
I'm certainly not, school starts in like, 2 days :/

GOAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'D KILL TO BE THERE NOWWWW!!!!!

Revati Upadhya said...

nil, i remember the feeling of gloom i used to get when school was about to begin. but once youre out of school, everything else begins to suck and you suddenly think school was the best thing ever! so you should enjoy it while it lasts..momentary sadness aside :)