Saturday, July 10, 2010

sea-storm



"for whatever we lose (like a you or a me) it's always ourselves we find in the sea"


yesterday, i needed some time out. so i went to the sea. something about the coming and going of the weaves, whether theyre rough or calm, is so soothing. sitting by the sea, dangling my feet off a wall, watching the frothy waves crash beneath me, i am always transported to a blissed out and peaced out kind of state of mind. and thats just what i needed yesterday.

yesterday, i heard a crash of clouds behind me. i turned to look and watched a curtain of rain approach me. it was the most breathtaking thing i have experienced in recent time. to actually have a rain cloud catching up with you, creeping up behind you, giving you precisely a few seconds to either run for cover or be soaked to the bone. nature at its best.

yesterday, as i ran underneath a shed nearby, i got to see something i have NEVER seen before. the sea in a storm. the waves became enormous and grey and looked menacing, yet majestic and powerful. the rain dropped heavily on to the surface of the sea, creating a bed of dots. the sky, dark and overcast clung on to the air, as sundown closed in on me.

yesterday, a single question kept spinning round in my head: will i ever be able to live anywhere else?

No comments: