Saturday, April 10, 2010

Background settings for life

In the age of customizable options and instant everything, I’m beginning to wish life too had such alternatives.

Like an order of instant solutions to nagging problems. Customizable hair, weight and height options. Instant mood alteration possibilities. Zip, zap, zoom and go to any corner of the world you wish, almost like teleportation. The capacity to slow time down when you’re having a good time, and speed it up when you’re miserable.

How I wish it were possible to make things happen…just about anything…at the snap of a finger. I wish life came with a bunch of settings, themes and customizable options for us to choose from. Like when buying a wardrobe. You get to choose from a series of color options – mahogany, beech, lightwood, teak finish blah blah. And then there’s the option of two-door, three-door, number of drawers, kind of handles blah blah. Life too should have its list of options. Like if life chooses to send me to Goa, that decision ought to come with a bunch of options for me to choose from – friends I’d like to take with me, family I’d like to transport along with me, an instant job, a ready-to-move-in home, instant happy pills for when I’m lonely, the potential to go back to Bangalore for half a day and come back in a jiffy, basically make distances as long or as short as I want them to be. How I wish!

Being in Goa, I sometimes wish I control the settings of my life. Mess around with the options until I get optimal settings for the best results to suit my needs.

2 comments:

Tin Man said...

if wishes were horses....beggars would ride....

Tin Man said...

but i think its a cool concept :)